Jump to Content Jump to Navigation Go to Sitemap

How to complain

To complain to the Equal Opportunity Commission, you can fill in a complaint form online at the EOC website or we can post you a form.

It’s important that you can show a connection between what happened to you and your age, race, disability, sex, sexuality, caring responsibilities or other type of discrimination. We can’t help with complaints of general unfairness that are not related to discrimination or sexual harassment.

If we take up your complaint, we need to let the person you are complaining about know the complaint details. In fairness, the other person has to have a chance to tell us their point of view. We will let you know what they tell us. Occasionally, an explanation can clear the matter up. We can keep your address and phone number confidential.

We can arrange an interpreter to assist people to lodge a complaint and can also assist people in writing down their complaint if they have trouble with writing.

Depending on what happened, you may be able to take your complaint to a different agency. These include the Australian Human Rights Commission, SA Industrial Relations Commission, Fair Work Ombudsman or Fair Work Australia. Contact us if you aren’t sure whether to complain to us or someone else.