What to do about issues in community life
- customer service, such as in shops or from professionals or tradespeople
- eligibility for scholarships, awards or prizes
- club membership (e.g., sports clubs)
- access to public premises
- receiving a qualification for a particular occupation
- accommodation (e.g., staying in a hotel, buying a house or renting a flat)
- dealings with a local council or a government agency.
If appropriate, you can also try speaking to someone like a manager or chairperson to see if they can resolve the issue.
Complaints about misconduct by a professional service provider can also be made to the relevant professional body, such as the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency or Lawyers’ Conduct Board.
If you need some extra support, there are many services for young people available. Some of these are listed below.
Last updated on Wed, 08/18/2010 - 11:27.
- School Life
- Work life
- Community Life
- Activities and videos